As a Web Developer at Elicus, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving WordPress plugins and themes. You will work closely with our UX/UI designers and other stakeholders to ensure that our products meet the needs and expectations of our users. You will be expected to write clean, efficient, and maintainable code that is compatible with the latest WordPress standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and other stakeholders to ensure that our products meet user needs and expectations.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code that adheres to the latest WordPress standards and best practices.
- Continuously improve the quality and performance of our products by implementing best practices and adopting new technologies.
- Conduct code reviews and collaborate with other developers to ensure that code is well-organized and well-documented.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise in our products and provide timely and effective solutions.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest WordPress technologies and best practices, and incorporate them into your work where appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders to ensure that development goals and priorities are aligned with business goals.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in web development, preferably in a WordPress development or plugin development setting.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress architecture, standards, and best practices.
- Experience with WordPress plugin and theme development, including custom post types, taxonomies, and custom fields.
- Experience with popular WordPress plugins and frameworks, such as WooCommerce and Genesis.
- Experience with Git version control and collaboration tools, such as GitHub or Bitbucket.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with web accessibility and WCAG 2.1 standards.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with server administration and hosting environments, such as AWS or DigitalOcean.
Why Work at Elicus?
- You will have the opportunity to work with a talented and passionate team of designers and developers who are dedicated to creating innovative solutions for WordPress users.
- You will be able to work from anywhere in the world, as long as you have a reliable internet connection.
- You will have a great deal of autonomy and flexibility in your work, as long as you are able to meet your deadlines and deliver high-quality work.
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with your skills and experience.
- You will have opportunities for professional growth and development, including attending conferences and training sessions, and working on new and exciting projects.
If you are passionate about web development and want to work with a dynamic and innovative team, we encourage you to apply for this position. Please send your resume and cover letter to [insert email address] with the subject line “Web Developer”. We look forward to hearing from you!